Sunday, January 23, 2011

Harper's 10 year old picture


This Blog Entry is devoted to Harper and written by Harper.


''Ever since I was little, I had wanted to be a teacher. Before we took this picture, the photographer asked me to look out window and think about something. It could have been anything, but I chose to think about what my future would be like.
I thought about what my classroom would look like, and what my house would be like. I thought about the child/children I would have and what I would name them.(I wanted to have either one or two girls and name them Jaimie and/or Sammy.) I had also thought about my students. Kindergarden-Third Grade sounded good to me!
Of course when I write this I have no idea what tomorrow really brings. Sometimes my mind travels far away with my thoughts. There really isn't any promising I'll be a teacher or that I'll have little girls. My mind just does that. Same with these thoughts. From my head to the screen go my thoughts.
There are a lot of good memories from when I was little, though one of my favorites had to have been my first time watching the fireworks in Harbor Springs with my dad. Both of my siblings were already asleep when I left with my dad to see the Forth of July fireworks. When we got there, we spread out the blanket and sat down waiting for the show to start. I had felt that comfortable cozy feeling that night in Harbor Springs, and I won't ever forget it.
I didn't think about all these things just now. These thoughts have been what I have thought about for a few years. I hope that sometime later on in life I will look back at this and have the same thoughts that I am thinking now .''

8 comments:

Ruthanne said...

What a great post, Harper! I wanted to be a teacher when I was 5 and look at me now! lol
Love the picture. :)

Christy said...

Wow! What a fabulous post! Very well written, Harper!

George said...

Are you sure you're only "10", Harper? I'm thinking there's going to be some "book writing" in your future...you are very well spoken (written) at your age...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

George said...

Okay, I guess I was assuming you were turning 10, maybe that's not the case...happy birthday nonetheless, whenever it is!

Sharon said...

Great post, Harper! I loved reading about your day-dreaming. Beautiful picture.

Saleema said...

Harper, for eight hours each day, I edit writing from so-called "professional" writers and I have to say, yours is even better than some of theirs! I hope you keep a journal. You're going to want to remember some of these thoughts when you're older. You go, girl!
~Sal

Marnie Bozic said...

Harper, one of my favorite memories was when I was about your age and I had a school assignment re: stars. I remember standing outside on a cold January night and the air was so crisp. It was just me and my dad and I felt really special to have time with just him and not my brother and sister. And he hugged me to keep me warm while we looked at the constellations and I remember distinctly the cozy and safe feeling you describe, even to this day. The important thing is to remember how much your dad loves you- those memories will live forever! God bless you- you are a very smart and beautiful girl!

Patty said...

Oh my goodness, what a lovely post. I agree that you are a talented young writer, Harper. Loved reading this. Made my night.