Thursday, February 5, 2009

One great teacher

I must say I was very resistant to Ellie leaving Ogden and going to an alternative setting but it was right for Ellie and she could not love her teacher more. A couple months ago, Ellie said to Ms. Focht, "You only need one great teacher and your it. " Today, Ellie is very sad for Ms. Focht because she has to leave to go see her grandma because she is in a coma. At lunch today when I went to give Ellie her medication she said she wanted to do something nice for Ms. Focht for when she got back -- we will work on that this weekend.

Tonight Ruthanne sent an email about what Ellie had said to her...
When I put Ellie on the bus she told me she would miss me. She said, "You won't be here for the 100th day!" I told her I would be there in my heart and she said, "I'm just going to pretend you're there!"

It is really nice to see Ellie miss people and have that connection with them. Both Peter and I are so thankful for all that Ruthanne has done for Ellie -- she has blossomed in her class!

3 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Wow! I have tears in my eyes. What nice things to say. It is a pleasure to teach Ellie. Seeing her go back to her home school will be bittersweet for me.

Unknown said...

Dear Ruthanne, I'm glad you're teaching and not doing something else. The world needs more teachers like you. Thank you, Gail

Peter Daniels said...

If I were running the world, teachers would be paid like CEO's and only the best would be allowed to do it. I know the best do it because they love it (or can't help it). Either way, we're very blessed. Thank you.