Sunday, May 12, 2013

How Blessed am I?

On this Mother's Day morning I lost sight of what is important because one of the kids got up at 5, another woke up crazy and before it was even 7, something had been broken, several messes had been made and it was not the day I pictured it to be. What I lost sight of was that one of the kids got up singing at the top her lungs Happy Mother's Day and another one covered me in kisses and each and every one dug out homemade cards and gifts to shower me in and rushed first thing to give it to me. That is what is really important. The love we all share. Also, I got to share the day with my mom who is a wonderful mom and Grandma.  Really, I could not ask for more!

 How blessed am I? I have 4 children, 3 are mine by birth and one is through adoption. Fisher has a mom in Ethiopia who loves him very much and we do all we can to have connect with her. We are so fortunate that we have been able to send her pictures and someone to see her and call her several times. I only met her once and she was so happy and relieved to know that Fisher was going to be loved. You could see her love for Fisher shine through. Fisher knows he is doubly blessed to have the love of 2 mothers, although he claims his mom in Ethiopia never ever yelled at him and reminds me of that often. Tate was so so excited to see Marta holding a picture of the boys together because he said now she knows me and loves me too! 

"Children born to another woman call me “Mom.” The depth of that tragedy and the magnitude of that privilege are not lost on me." ~ Jody Landers


 I love that we received these pictures and videos on the Saturday before Mother's Day.


Marta holding her pictures of the boys.

Marta and Yosef, Fisher's oldest brother.
Marta with Fisher's Sister In Law and Sisters.

The road outside of Fisher's house.
The video of them laughing and sending their love to Fisher and hoping that we are all okay and they asked about Grandma and Grandpa as Marta knows that my mom gave her a special locket that was once hers and she wears it everyday.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

How incredibly special!!!!