Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What if?

What if?

Today I was getting ready to walk the boys to the corner for school and we had to stop and put something in Tate's backpack before we left the house and I was explaining to Fisher he needed to wear his rain coat. I have to admit I was a little frustrated with them but I am no longer. Had I not stopped to put something in the backpack or convince Fisher to change his coat I wonder what if. No more than 15 seconds before we were on the sidewalk in front of our house a car came up onto it and hit a tree. The lady passed away. I stood and said a prayer for her and her loved ones and I said a prayer of thanks to God for giving me the patience to take the extra time with the boys this morning and sparing us.

4 comments:

jbm said...

Oh my goodness. I am so happy that your family was not there, and so sorry for the woman who was driving. I think you must have some good guardian angels watching out for you!

jbm said...

Oops- this is Becky from vive-rie-ama.blogspot.com
I am helping my mom with her picasa account and so we are logged in as her:).

Tina said...

Jill, thank-you for sharing this. So thankful you are all okay. Prayers for your family and the woman who died in that crash. I often have wondered how many times this happens in our life, we are spared and redirected by the hand of God, through frustrated moments of seemingly irritating delays. God bless.

George said...

How scary...and how very sad. What a blessing that you didn't leave the house any sooner.